Wednesday, July 1, 2015

The German Christmas Market Crawl

Germany, germany. One of, if not the best, economy in the EU. Really safe place. Nice. But it just didn't strike the right chord in me and I'm sorry to say I didn't find this trip particularly memorable.

But what did I like about Germany this time of year? CHRISTMAS MARKETS aka the most magical places on Earth for feeling warm, cozy...and spending more money than you intended. I couldn't believe that even tiny little Cologne had FIFTEEN christmas markets? What??? I literally stumbled on a new market every few blocks. So without further ado, feel free to vicariously experience the pure holiday spirit of German Christmas Markets.

P.S. Merry Christmas, a half-year too late.

 Hamburg train station welcomes 
visitors with Christmas lights!

 Drinking hot wine by the lake

 Winter Pride market

Winter Wonderland in Cologne

 Cuz you're a sky full of stars...

This one is in Bonn,
Beethoven's hometown 

 Munich's medieval market


 Peeking into Marienplatz,
the heart of Munich 

Just walking through the park and
I stumble on another market!

Tollwood, an animal/human rights
conscious christmas market (I think they
can make a market out of anything...)

No comments:

Post a Comment