Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Dancing from London to Ibiza

Wow...sorry I've been on hiatus for a while. I couldn't manage to access a computer and blogging photos and text from the phone is not the business.

Anyways, this post is skipping over my trip to London because so much happened that I'll have to go over it in detail in the next post!

I haven't slept much in the past four days due to some intense EDM-experiencing in the UK and the white island of Ibiza, Spain. First up was the two day madness of  the dance festival, Global Gathering UK! Global was nothing compared to EDC LV (well...nothing really can compare to that), but the talent was amazing and the people were still relatively nice!


Mostly everyone was from the UK, but I talked to some cool Scandinavians and even met a raver girl (KANDI YAY) who used to live in America. The shirtless drunk "bros" were a little much, but at least they were having fun and enjoying the music I guess.


My favorite set was probably either Alesso (I saw him on tour, but he went pretty all out at this festival too!), Madeon, or Krewella. People didn't dance that much at this festival (again the bros...) but I was jumping all over the place for my favorite DJs. ^__^


Ibiza was nothing short of absolute Spanish madness, since they're already known to party from sundown to sunrise. Clubbing went from 2 am to 7 am (no wonder siestas are like 4 hours in the afternoon). I went to Amnesia to see the AMAZING combined talents of Markus Schulz and Ferry Corsten aka New World Punx as well as some crazy house with Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike in the other room. Definitely loved this event. I also went to the world famous Pacha club to see 2manydjs, Claptone, and Kenny Dope (with guest Idris Elba???) but I didn't like the music as much. Pacha has so many rooms though so it was fun just exploring the massive club! I probably won't be back in Ibiza for a while, if at all, since I feel like the club fees didn't really justify the entire experience. I can see equally strong talent in LA for 1/3 the price and have just as much fun...

The island itself was beautiful and I really enjoyed exploring it's beaches and medieval old town (Dalt Vila). Everything is well-preserved and there's so much to see other than the nightlife!



No comments:

Post a Comment