Friday, July 18, 2014

Barcelona to Paris

It's been a crazy two days of traveling, but I managed to cover ground in two amazing cities already! Barcelona was a whirlwind but I managed to see one Barcelona's famous architect, Gaudi's, works: the Guell Palace. This beautiful palace used dark wooden material and really subtle attention to detail instead of the usual gaudy (haha) european marble and stone palaces. I later speed walked down the shopping area, La Rambla, and Placa de Catalunya (aka tourist central). I'm so in love with the beauty, relaxed vibe, and architectural design of Barcelona! Every little street holds something that catches my eye. I wish I could've stayed for longer...


But by 7 pm of the same day, my insanely jetlagged self was on another plane heading towards the City of Light, Paris! Paris was the burning mouth of hell this weekend, and I felt like I walked straight out of Europe into a Vegas summer. Obviously didn't have as much fun in Paris as I hoped but I walked to Arc de Triomphe, Champs de Elysees, Eiffel Tower, and the Louvre. The heat struggle was so real, and my friends and I were all used to hot weather more or less. On the plus side, less people took the trek to the Louvre (and free student admission YES)! And I had French duck and gizzard for dinner. And the Eiffel Tower was absolutely beautiful to look at by night, and it was probably my favorite (and the coolest, weather-wise) part of the day.



1 comment: